Mary Sibley, the most powerful sorceress in Salem, must herald the oncoming of the Dark Lord amidst the infamous witch trials. All three seasons are streaming.
If you didn’t get the chance to watch the WGN horror series, Salem, while it was still airing, then you should take advantage of your Amazon Prime subscription and check it out this summer! It’s the perfect show for the long hot months. For people who used to look forward to the campy dose of supernatural fun they got from True Blood, Salem should hit a particularly sweet spot.
More from TV on Amazon
- Everything streaming on Prime Video this week: Your Christmas or Mine 2 and more
- DVD releases happening this week: Indiana Jones and more
- Amazon is adding more than 30 titles to Freevee today
- Amazon is adding more than 30 titles to Prime Video today
- Everything streaming on Prime Video this week: Candy Cane Lane and more
The best part is, despite being canceled prematurely, Salem doesn’t end on a total cliffhanger. Mind you, depending on who your favorite characters are, I can’t guarantee you’ll be pleased with the ending, but it does an excellent job of wrapping up the significant plotlines from the series.
It’s a shame many people missed out on Salem while it was airing. Its struggle to find an audience was likely due to the fact it aired on a niche network, WGN, which was only briefly in the scripted drama game.
But the show should appeal to people who love American Horror Story. Arguably, it does a better, and scarier, job of delivering a terrifying witch story than AHS: Coven or Apocalypse did.