Amazon Prime Day is approaching and we want to make sure you’re ready for the big day
For the third straight year, Amazon will host its Prime Day, giving Prime users exclusive access to hundreds of thousands of deals.
The annual event was launched in 2015 as it shattered global sales records by selling 34.4 million products on the day. It returned in 2016 and is again back in 2017.This year, it seems as if Amazon has a lot more in store for Prime users.
Here’s what you need to know if you want to score some of the best deals Amazon has to offer next week.
When is it?
Amazon Prime Day is officially set for July 11th but the deals will begin on July 10th at 9 p.m. ET.
The online retailer will officially launch the 30-hour deal event at 9 p.m. and will refresh with new deals every five minutes or so. But, some sales will start earlier.
Amazon began rolling out deals on July 5 leading up to the event. That’s where the different themes for the event begin.
More from Amazon
- Will Merry Little Batman come to DVD and Blu-ray?
- Will Your Christmas or Mine 2 come to DVD and Blu-ray?
- The Summer I Turned Pretty Season 3 release updates, cast, and everything we know
- Them Season 2 release updates, cast, and everything we know
- Most sold Amazon books last week: Hungry Caterpillar and more reenter
Plenty of items will be on sale for the big day, including some themes. On July 5, Amazon announced its “voice shopping” theme. Consumers who own Alexa-enabled devices will be able to receive special deals just by saying “Alexa, what are your deals?”.
A full list of voice-enabled deals available can be found here.
Some of the better voice-enabled deals include $50 off Bose Soundlink Bluetooth and 50 percent off of select Disney items.In addition, Amazon is offering up to $80 off Prime exclusive phones and $15 off a certified refurbished Dot.
Amazon has rolled out some deals for specific services on the site ahead of Prime Day.
- The first one will help you get $10 to spend on Prime Day. All you have to do is stream Amazon Prime Video on TV for the first time and you’ll receive a $10 credit for Amazon. The deal lasts until July 7.
- If you’re interested in using Amazon’s music service, now is the time to do it. They are offering a deal of four months for just $0.99.
- Those who are into audio books will love this deal on Amazon’s Audible feature. If you haven’t signed up yet, you can receive 40 percent off for another day or so.
What to expect?
If you’ve shopped Amazon Prime Day in the past, then you know exactly what to expect. But if you haven’t, that’s okay. There’s a first time for everything.
First things first, you need to be quick and ready to go. Grab a cup of coffee early and get ready to click fast in order to get some of the best deals available.
Amazon does a great job of keeping the deals a secret until the day begins, keeping you on your toes (or fingers) so you likely won’t know what is on sale. But, the biggest deals will likely come on Amazon products such as the Echo, Dot and more.
To make it simple, just plan as if this was like Black Friday. In a way this is like an early 2017 Black Friday holiday, so be ready.
The deals will be featured in three different sections: Missed, upcoming and available. It’s pretty simple. A deal that is currently available to purchase will be listed as “available”, and one that is expired will be under “missed” and future deals will be under “upcoming.”
Make sure to refresh so you don’t miss any.
- Get Amazon Prime. Well, duh! You won’t be able to access any of the deals without Amazon Prime.
- Download the Amazon app. You really should be at your laptop or desktop for this event, but double your chances by downloading the Amazon app.
- Update your information. Make sure the right credit card is selected, your address is correct and your account is up to date. You don’t want to have to mess around with it while you have an item in your account.
- Make a list. Get a list together of items you’re interested in buying. It will make it easier to organize and find that right product.
- Have fun. We all love a good deal, especially on Amazon. While Black Friday is still months away, treat this as just a fun event to get ready for the big event in November.
As always, check back with Amazon Advisor for the latest on Amazon’s Prime Day as we inch closer.