The first week of November saw movement on the list of most read Amazon books
It’s been a while since we’ve had a whole new Top 5 on the list of most read Amazon books, but that happened in the first week of November. The Harry Potter books were knocked out of the top, making room for a mixture of new and current books on the list.
A Time for Mercy by John Grisham held onto the top spot that it gained during the previous week. The Evening and the Morning by Ken Follett and Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer moved up places, with Follett’s book gaining three places to get into the Top 3. Meyer’s book moved up a spot for No. 4.
Update Nov. 17: The list completely changed with an update this week. Amazon had reported the wrong list last week. The Harry Potter books weren’t knocked out after all and here is the full corrected list.
Two new books took over the No. 2 and No. 5 spots. The Sentinel was the newest Jack Reacher book from Lee Child and Andrew Child, and it claimed second place on the list. The Cipher by Isabella Maldonado entered in fifth place.
So, did the Harry Potter books take over the next three spots? Not quite. While Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone managed to hold of sixth place, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix lost 17 places to land in 19th place. All other Harry Potter books didn’t even make it to the list this week!
Oh yes, there was that much movement! The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett saw the largest gain of the week, moving up 10 places into seven place, and The Searcher by Tana French moved up five places to land in eighth place. Dune and American Dirt would make up the rest of the Top 10.
There were a lot of other movers and new additions. You’ll want to check out the full list.
Most read Amazon books: Nov. 1-7
- A Time for Mercy by John Grisham (–)
- The Sentinel by Lee Child and Andrew Child (new addition)
- The Evening and the Morning by Ken Follett (+3)
- Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer (+1)
- The Cipher by Isabella Maldonado (new addition)
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling (-2)
- The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett (+10)
- The Searcher by Tana French (+5)
- Dune by Frank Herbert (–)
- American Dirt by Jeanine Cummins (+9)
- Troubled Blood by Robert Galbraith (–)
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens (+3)
- The Guest List by Lucy Foley (+3)
- Anxious People by Fredrik Backman (–)
- Spellbreaker by Charlie N. Holmberg (new addition)
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr. and Eric Carle (reentry)
- The Haunting of Brynn Wilder by Wendy Webb (new addition)
- Lying Next to Me by Greg Olsen (reentry)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling (-17)
- Girls of Brackenhill by Kate Moretti (new addition)
Which Amazon books did you read last week? Which changes surprised you the most this week? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Get your Amazon books on Kindle Unlimited with a 30-day free trial of Amazon Prime.