Midnight Sun claimed the top spot of the most sold Amazon books last week
Is it any surprising that a Twilight book is on the list of most sold Amazon books of the week? Of course not! Nor should it be surprising that it’s claimed the top spot.
When the book was first announced, Midnight Sun quickly took over the top spots on the list. That was just in pre-orders, so we knew it would jump to the top when the book was officially released, and we called it last week. It’s something Twilight fans have waited years for, offering the first book from Edward Cullen’s point of view. Stephenie Meyer knew she had an audience for it.
It shouldn’t be surprising to hear that Midnight Sun was the largest mover on the list, jumping up 10 places. However, The Last of the Moon Girls by Barbara Davis wasn’t too far behind. It gained seven places to get into the Top 10.
When it comes to movers down, Near Dark by Brad Thor dropped nine places, making it the biggest mover down the list. The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes dropped seven places. We may see the Hunger Games prequel drop off the list this week.
There were a couple of new additions to the list. James Patterson’s The Cornwalls Vanish entered in 12th place on the list, which Debra Webb’s Trust No One joined in 17th place. We’ll have to see if they move up or down. There were also some reentries this week, which meant small movement towards the end of the list.
Most sold Amazon books last week: Aug. 2-8
- Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer (+10)
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens (–)
- The Guest List by Lucy Foley (–)
- The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett (–)
- The Sandman by Neil Gaiman and Dirk Maggs (-4)
- The Order by Daniel Silva (–)
- American Dirt by Jeanine Cummins (+3)
- 1984 by George Orwell (+1)
- The Last of the Moon Girls by Barbara Davis (+7)
- 28 Summers by Elin Hilderbrand (-3)
- When We Believed in Mermaids by Barbara O’Neal (-3)
- The Cornwalls Vanish by James Patterson (new addition)
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling (+1)
- Near Dark by Brad Thor (-9)
- Fair Warning by Michael Connelly (reentry)
- The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides (-1)
- Trust No One by Debra Webb (new addition)
- I’ve Loved You Since Forever by Hoda Kotb (reentry)
- Then She Was Gone by Lisa Jewell (-1)
- The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins (-7)
What are you currently reading? What’s on your list of Amazon books to buy? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Get your Amazon books with two-day free shipping with Amazon Prime.