The was plenty of movement on the list of most sold Amazon books from Sept. 6
It’s a new week, and there’s plenty of movement when it comes to the list of most sold Amazon books. There’s a new top dog in town, and plenty of other new books joined the list.
We have to mention Dog Man: Grime and Punishment first. After joining three weeks ago in the pre-sales, the latest in the child-friendly graphic novels has moved up the list rapidly. Between Sept. 6 and 12, it outsold everything on the list, including Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer.
Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens didn’t just lose one spot with all this, though. The novel dropped two places, as All the Devils Are Here by Louise Penny joined the list in third place. It shouldn’t be too surprising since it was the only new book on the list of most read Amazon books last week.
The only non-mover in the Top 5 was Lucy Foley’s The Guest List.
There were five other new books on the list. One of those was Star Wars: Thrawn Ascendancy. It’s surprising that the book has only just made it to the list. The first 10,000 copies had a special blue coloring around the edges of the pages, which was sure to entice people to pre-order.
Thick as Thieves by Sandra Brown saw the largest drop this week. It lost eight places, just holding onto a place in the Top 20 list. The Sandman by Neil Gaiman and Dirk Maggs wasn’t too far behind, losing six places. However, the Audible Original version was much higher on the list during the previous week, staying within the Top 15 last week.
Most sold Amazon books: Sept. 6 to 12
- Dog Man: Grime and Punishment by Dav Pilkey (+2)
- Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer (-1)
- All the Devils Are Here by Louise Penny (new addition)
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens (-2)
- The Guest List by Lucy Foley (–)
- The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett (-2)
- Squeeze Me by Carl Hiaasen (-1)
- The Lying Life of Adults by Elena Ferrante (new addition)
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling (+1)
- American Dirt by Jeanine Cummins (-2)
- The Three-Body Problem by Cixin Liu (new addition)
- Such a Fun Age by Kiley Reid (–)
- The Sandman by Neil Gaiman and Dirk Maggs (-6)
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle (reentry)
- Transcendent Kingdom by Yaa Gyasi (new addition)
- Star Wars: Thrawn Ascendancy by Timothy Zahn (new addition)
- Honeysuckle Season by Mary Ellen Taylor (-4)
- The Anti-Boyfriend by Penelope Ward (new addition)
- The Takeover by T.L. Swan (-3)
- Thick as Thieves by Sandra Brown (-8)
What are you currently reading? Which Amazon books are on your list to buy this week? Share your thoughts in the comments below.