Alexander Hamilton rejoined the list of most sold nonfiction Amazon books
When it comes to sold Amazon books, there’s usually a correlation with events happening in the world. Or there is a connection to TV shows and movies. The week of July 5 is certainly no different on the list of most sold nonfiction Amazon books.
July 3 saw the arrival of Hamilton on Disney Plus. Written by Lin-Manuel Miranda, this is a production about a Founding Father who doesn’t get as much recognition for the Revolutionary War as he probably should. It’s not surprising that people want to learn more about the man.
Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow looks into the life of the Founding Father. It’s a biographical book, so it doesn’t include the dramatization that the musical did. It’s certainly worth a read for those who want to separate the fact from the fiction.
There were three new Amazon books to join the list. One of those was a coloring book. With so many people at home, it’s not surprising people are looking for ways to pass the time. Coloring books are great for easing stress (I have a coloring app, so definitely recommend).
Begin Again by Eddie S. Glaude and Apocalypse Never by Michael Shellenberger are the other two new books on the list.
A notable mover is Mary L. Trump, PH.D’s Too Much and Never Enough, which shares more about President Donald Trump. The book rose to take over the top spot this week, with The Room Where It Happened dropping three places into fourth place.
Six books lost six places each, including Stamped and Stamped from the Beginning. That doesn’t mean they’ll drop off the list completely this week.
Most sold nonfiction Amazon books: July 5-11
1. Too Much and Never Enough by Mary L. Trump, PH.D (+3)
2. White Fragility by Robin J. Diangelo (–)
3. How to Be an Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi (–)
4. The Room Where It Happened by John Bolton (-3)
5. Begin Again by Eddie S. Glaude (new addition)
6. Untamed by Glennon Doyle (-1)
7. Apocalypse Never by Michael Shellenberger (new addition)
8. Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow (reentry)
9. The Color of Law by Richard Rothstein (+1)
10. Art of Coloring: Disney Villains by Disney Book Group (new addition)
11. So You Want to Talk About Race by Ijemoa Oluo (-4)
12. Stamped from the Beginning by Ibram X. Kendi (-6)
13. Born a Crime by Trevor Noah (-5)
14. Becoming by Michelle Obama (-3)
15. Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates (-6)
16. Unfu*k Yourself by Gary John Bishop (reentry)
17. Atomic Habits by James Clear (-4)
18. Stamped by Ibram X. Kendi & Jason Reynolds (-6)
19. The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander (+1)
20. The Splendid and the Vile by Erik Larson (-6)
Which nonfiction Amazon books are you reading this week? Let us know in the comments.
Get your nonfiction Amazon books with two-day free shipping with your Amazon Prime membership.