The week of Christmas saw very little movement in the Top 10 of the most read Amazon books. Here’s a full look at the Top 20 list.
As people spent more time with their family and friends this week, it’s probably not that surprising the list of most read Amazon books didn’t change too much from the previous week. That’s certainly the case for the Top 10, with just two books moving places.
The Harry Potter novels continue to dominate on the list. Prisoner of Azkaban moved up a spot into eighth place, knocking Jojo Moyes’ The Giver of Stars down a position. Those two were the only movements in the Top 10 of the list.
However, there was some movement further down the list, with Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets gaining two places to get into 11th place. Will it join its siblings to get into the Top 10 this week?
One of the biggest moves was Alex Michaelides’ The Silent Patient. After being knocked off the list a few weeks ago, the book has clawed it’s way back up into being one of the most read Amazon books. Will it remain on the list for the new year? There’s a good chance with its four-place gain.
The bottom three on the list will be interesting. The Testaments has made its way back on the list, possibly as people got the novel as a Christmas gift on their Kindle or through Audible. The Night Fire and Unspeakable Things took up spots 18 and 19 on the list after losing spots. They could find themselves off the list in the new year.
Check out the full list of most read Amazon books from Dec. 22 to 28:
- The Guardians by John Grisham (–)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling (–)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling (–)
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling (–)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling (–)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling (–)
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens (–)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling (+1)
- The Giver of Stars by Jojo Moyes (-1)
- Blue Moon by Lee Child (–)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling (+2)
- A Minute to Midnight by David Baldacci (–)
- The Dutch House by Ann Patchett (+2)
- The Rise of Magicks by Nora Roberts (-3)
- The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides (+4)
- The Institute by Stephen King (–)
- Starsight by Brandon Sanderson (-3)
- The Night Fire by Michael Connelly (-1)
- Unspeakable Things by Jess Lourey (-1)
- The Testaments by Margaret Atwood (reentry)
What are you currently reading? Which Amazon books are queued on your list ready to read next? Share your list in the comments below.
Get Kindle Unlimited with a 30-day free trial of Amazon Prime.