Aladdin will finally join the Walt Disney Signature Collection this September on Blu-ray and 4K UHD. It will also be available to purchase digitally.
Before reading any further, let me clarify that this post is about both Aladdin films! Yes, Disney will be re-releasing the 1992 animated film into the Walt Disney Signature Collection alongside the release of their new live-action feature.
This is pretty exciting news for Disney fans. If you’ve loved this movie for as long as I have, then I know you’ve been eagerly awaiting its release from the vault. Disney is smart by pairing the two features together.
More from Movies on Amazon
- Will Merry Little Batman come to DVD and Blu-ray?
- Will Saltburn come to DVD and Blu-ray after theaters?
- Is Saltburn coming to Amazon after theaters?
- Is Silent Night coming to Amazon after theaters?
- Everything streaming on Prime Video this week: Your Christmas or Mine 2 and more
We have all the details you need to know about the upcoming releases. Both films will come out on Blu-ray and 4K UHD on Sept. 10, 2019. If you want to own either movie digitally, you can purchase them through MoviesAnywhere beginning on Aug. 27, 2019.
Currently, only the live-action film is available to pre-order on Amazon. You can pre-order the Walt Disney Signature Collection through the Walt Disney Movie Club, which is likely the only place you’ll be able to purchase the film for the time being, unless you buy it digitally.
However, it should be noted that at the moment, you won’t be able to by the Walt Disney Signature on DVD. It is unclear if Disney intends to release it solely on DVD in the future.
We have also been sent the complete details about what bonus features will be included in each film.
Aladdin (2019) Bonus features:
DIGITAL PRESELL BONUS:
- Make Way for Prince Ali – Take a look at the gigantic design extravaganza that came together for this scene of Genie-sized proportions.
DIGITAL EXCLUSIVE BONUS:
- “Speechless”: Creating a new song for Jasmine
BLU-RAY & DIGITAL BONUS:
- Aladdin’s Video Journal – Watch behind-the-scenes moments captured by Mena Massoud (Aladdin)
- Deleted Song – “Desert Moon”
- Guy Ritchie: A Cinematic Genie
- A Friend Like Genie – Discover how Will Smith brought his own experience into the iconic role.
- Six deleted scenes
- “Speechless” – Music video performed by Naomi Scott
- “A Whole New World” – Music video performed by ZAYN and Zhavia Ward
- “A Whole New World” (“Un Mundo Ideal”) – Music video performed by ZAYN and Becky G.
Aladdin – WDSC: Bonus Features
- Sing Along With the Movie
- Aladdin on Aladdin – Join the speaking voice of Aladdin, Scott Weinger, as he reflects on almost 30 years of being Aladdin.
- Let’s Not Be Too Hasty: The Voices of Aladdin – Take your seat in the recording booth and watch as the voice actors of Aladdin work their microphone magic.
- Alternate Endings – Enter the realm of “what if” and see just how differently the movie could have ended.
- Drawing Genie – Join prolific animator Eric Goldberg as he draws and reminisces about the Genie.
CLASSIC BONUS – Revisit over 40 exciting bonus features from previous releases including:
- The Genie Outtakes
- Aladdin: Creating Broadway Magic
- Unboxing Aladdin
It’s a lot to take in but it should be a pretty spectacular unveiling of this classic movie. If you didn’t get the chance to watch the live-action movie in the theater, here’s a trailer:
What did you think of the live-action in theaters? Do you plan on buying both features when they become available? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
The live-action and the Walt Disney Signature Collection will both be available to purchase on Blu-ray and 4K UHD beginning on Sept. 10, 2019, or digitally on Aug. 27, 2019.