It’s a new week, which means we’re looking at the most popular Amazon books sold last week. Four new books made it to the list.
First off, we start with a small correction for the previous week’s list. It turns out that the new Sandman book on the list was actually The Sandman: Act II. The list still isn’t fully updated on Amazon’s site, but we’re making this assumption based on the full title being on show for last week’s list (and it not being one of the four new books).
However, it did drop out of the Top 3. There’s a slightly new Top 3 for the week, although Liane Moriarty’s Apples Never Fall didn’t see movement. Instead, two of the new books claimed second and third place.
The Wish by Nicholas Sparks and Cloud Cuckoo Land by Anthony Doerr both made it onto the list for the first time. Bewilderment by Richard Powers and The Lincoln Highway by Amor Towles entered for the first time further down the list.
Books on the move between Oct. 3 and 9
The week did see a few books on the move. The biggest drop was Enemy at the Gates by Vince Flynn & Kyle Mills. This book lost 13 places but just holds onto a spot on the list.
Foundation by Isaac Asimov saw a five-place drop, while The Sandman: Act II saw a six-place drop.
One of the notable reentries is The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien, and we saw The Fellowship of the Ring move up three places, just missing out on a spot in the Top 5. It certainly looks like people are getting ready for The Lord of the Rings series set to come to Amazon next September.
Most sold Amazon books last week
- Apples Never Fall by Liane Moriarty (–)
- The Wish by Nicholas Sparks (new addition)
- Cloud Cuckoo Land by Anthony Doerr (new addition)
- Dune by Frank Herbert (–)
- The Last Thing He Told Me by Laura Dave (-2)
- The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien (+3)
- All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr (reentry)
- The Sandman: Act II by Neil Gaiman & Dirk Maggs (-6)
- The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien (reentry)
- Verity by Colleen Hoover (-4)
- Bewilderment by Richard Powers (new addition)
- It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover (-7)
- The Midnight Library by Matt Haig (-5)
- Fortune and Glory by Janet Evanovich (reentry)
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid (-5)
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling (+2)
- The Keeper of Happy Endings by Barbara Davis (–)
- The Lincoln Highway by Amor Towles (new addition)
- Foundation by Isaac Asimov (-5)
- Enemy at the Gates by Vince Flynn & Kyle Mills (-13)
What are you reading right now? Which Amazon books are you getting this week? Let us know in the comments below.
Get your Amazon books with two-day free shipping with Amazon Prime.